5 minutes to great skin
We’ve searched high and low, to find the best homemade exfoliating scrubs to improve your skin.
Great healthy skin doesn’t have to cost lots of moolah nor time, in fact you can create a great scrub at home with limited ingredients and we’ve searched high and low (well quality Google searching), to find the best easy to make exfoliating scrubs.
1. Sugar scrub
Not only will it clear dead skin but it will moisturise, and smell incredible. Not too bad for something we can all make at home 🙂
½ cup sugar (white or brown)
½ olive or coconut oil
Optional: Essential oil (Add a little extra flavour)
- Mix all the ingredients together and store in an air tight container
- Scrub skin with sugar mixture (about a tablespoon) and rinse off. It should leave your skin silky smooth 🙂
2. Exfoliating Honey scrub
With its baking soda this scrub is perfect for exfoliating the T-zone, and the honey is incredible at mositurising making this an all round great scrub.
Ingredients: (per use)
1 teaspoon of honey
½ a teaspoon of baking soda
- Mix honey and baking soda in your palm and rub your palms together before gently applying the mixture to your face and massaging it in for about a minute (for a mask, leave it on for 5 to 10 minutes).
- Rinse the mixture off with warm water
If you want to restore the pH of of your skin, tone your face with some raw apple cider vinegar.
3. Epsom Salt scrub
With the magical power of epsom salt, this scrub will help flush toxins and calm inflammations.
2 Tablespoons of epsom salt
2 Tablespoons of grounded coffee
1 tsp. eucalyptus oil
Sesame oil (around 1.5 tablespoons)
- Mix the Epsom salt with the coffee grounds in a bowl, then add both oils and stir well until the mixture is paste-like.
- In the shower, wet your body and use a palmful to scrub your body. This works best if you scrub for a few minutes, standing away from the water. Rinse well.
And there they are. Next time you have a moment, perhaps in the bath try these out (and if you have some spare epson salt, throw that in and make that bath extra AMAZING!).
Tell us how often you scrub, we’ll love to know 🙂