5 quick exercises you can do anywhere
GoodieBox presents the top 5 quick exercises to burn off those calories that have come aboard during summer. Remember that BBQ? Your stomach does.
Summer is the time to chill and relax at the beach and it’s the time for BBQs and big helpings of ice cream, smoothies and milk shakes. But with these delicacies comes calories, but with these 5 exercises we’ll going to help keep that hot summer bod, long into the wild winter.
1. A Plank
This is the go to ab exercise. A plank strengthens your entire body, including building your shoulders. Better yet, you don’t need any equipment and you can adjust the intensity.
1. Get into the push up position on the floor
2. Bend your elbows 90 degrees and rest your weight on your forearms. Your elbows should be directly beneath your shoulders, and your body should form a straight line from your head to your feet (important: try to keep your back straight).
3. Hold this position for as long as possible
4. Your goal should be to improve how long you can hold it for. Aim for at least 30 seconds and have a brief break.
(Repeat this exercise another 3 times).
2. Reverse Crunch
Like the plank this exercise doesn’t require any equipment and is perfect at targeting your lower body, trust me you’ll feel the burn.
1. Place your back on the ground and also place your hands flat on the ground (push your hands down as you do the exercise.
2. With your knees bent and together and your feet pointed out, roll your lower body over your abs and down towards the floor without touching the floor.
3. Do about 20 reps, before having a break.
(Repeat this exercise 3 more times)
3. A Toe touch
Yet another classic which is as straight forward as the name suggest.
1. Lay flat on your back and place your legs high in the air.
2. With your arms on your side, reach up to almost touch your legs
3. Do 20 reps before having a break
(Repeat 3 more times)
Make these three exercises into an ab workout
Do exercises 2 and 3, in reps of 20, before doing a plank (aim for atleast a 30second plank), have a 20 seconds break and repeat the workout another 3 times. So four times in total.
This is such a great all over body cardio workout. I remember being full of energy as a child, but doing these at school would leave me breathless.
1. Begin in a standing position and lower your body into a squatting position before placing your hands on the ground before kicking backwards into a push up position.
2. Kick your feet into the original position and jump up
3. Do about 10 reps
(Repeat another 2 times)
This is quite a tricky workout to figure out if you’ve never done one before, so check out this link if you need any additional help to performing a Burpee.
Single Leg hop
Embrace that inner rabbit and get hopping.
1. Stand on one leg, jump forward and land on the same leg.
2. Hop for a minute before switching legs and repeating
(Repeat this another 2 times)
Those are 5 incredible exercises you can add to your workout or perform on the go.
Make 2016 the year when everything got better!